Staff Training

We recognise that maintaining the standards of care we provide is paramount for each resident to receive a high quality standard of care. That is why we focus very highly on training our staff.

Training Consultant Dr Norman Spence (award winning training provider of the year 2010) provides in house training from over 60 courses, tailored to our needs including Dementia Care, Korsakoff, Alzheimer’s, Pallative Care, Special Needs and Food Hygiene. All staff are trained to the recognised A-Credited standard for their respective job positions.

Care Manager Mrs Annabelle Stewart works closely with Dr Spence in identifying staff training needs and requirements ensuring that fundamental job tasks are fulfilled in turn keeping our staff competent and motivated.   

Care staff at Mariners' are qualified to SVQ levels 2,3 & 4 with 89% of staff having a recognised qualification and the other 11% working towards one.

In addition:
  • As Employers we strictly adhere to our duty to notify the Independent Safeguarding Authority of relevant information of any individuals who pose a threat to working with vulnerable groups.
  • All staff have a P.V.G. ensuring that those who have regular contact with children and protected adults do not have a known history of harmful behavior.
  • Being SSSC registered ensures that all of our staff hold or agree to work towards the appropriate qualification for the job they are doing and have provided evidence of their good character.
© Copyright 2020 Sir Gabriel Woods Mariners HomeWeb Design By Toolkit Websites